Monday, June 22, 2009

It's a NO GO!!!


Yep, just my luck .... we were sent home today. We started off with our ultrasound, good news is Parker weighs 6lbs 8oz. Everything looked good, fluid was a bit low but the nurse said it was no problem. During the 30 minute ultrasound they look for a practice breath from the baby. Not all babies do it, but they like to see it. Of course, Parker was lazy this morning and slept the whole time, so they took me in for a stress test. During the stress test, the nuse strapped these things around my belly to watch for movement and contractions. The whole 20 minutes, my contractions were jumping. I was really scared because I had no clue I was even contracting. After seeing those results, John and I thought for sure we would be heading for labor and delivery. Next, we saw the doctor. She said it was just too soon to induce for no reason. She said he made great progress, gained weight and still needs to cook a little longer. She said he is ready though so it could be any day now. Truthfully, I was pretty upset because we were ready to go, but I'm glad he's doing ok so whenever he's ready .... we will be too! Hopefully soon - maybe tonight :)
We'll keep ya posted ... might try drinking caster oil tonight!

No comments: