Friday, February 27, 2009

Getting WEDDING DAY ready!!!


We met with Chaplain Bob Cunningham this morning at 8am for our first pre-marital counseling session. I have to admit, I was pretty nervous about going, but John assured me everything would be ok. Immediately after meeting Chaplain Cunningham, I was completely comfortable and I could tell John was too. He was already aware of our baby boy on the way, and was luckily non-judgemental. He started off with questions about us and our families. He was very impressed with the way we do things as a couple. When he asked about the cooking, cleaning, and things like that, we told him we do everything together! He said that he thought that was a great way to start a sucessful marrige. We learned alot of great tips to making things work. He brought up situations when handeling our kids, and to no suprise, John and I both agreed on the way we want to raise our children. We eventually moved on to our wedding ceremony and what we want. I was very pleased that he is letting us plan the wedding ourselves. He will obviously do his thing but left room for our own special touches. He asked if he could say a prayer for the baby and a prayer for us as a new family. I thought that was very special and will mean so much to us.
I think the session with Chaplain Cunningham was very helpful and I think we both left feeling even better about our future!

Wedding Update: The BIG day is finally set .... April 11th, 2009. We have decided to be married surround by close family and friends. We are leaving for Playa del Carmen, Mexico April 15th for our honeymoon and will have a reception on the CQ Princess sometime in May. We will keep you updated on specific event dates!

No comments: