Sunday, April 12, 2009

Mr. and Mrs. Otter 4-11-09














4-11-09 the day I married my best friend. We are now officially Mr. and Mrs. Otter! I have been dreaming of this day ever since I was a little girl, and I couln't have asked for a more perfect day! The weather was AMAZING, warm and sunny. The day began pretty early with the usual girly preparations, hair, make-up, and brunch with the girls. I was mostly relaxed, surprisingly, thanks to my best friend Jamie and John's sister, Alison. They assured me everything will be fine and not to worry or stress. After we all spent the morning at the salon, it was time to head over to John's dads house to get ready and begin taking pictures. The girls hung out upstairs while the boys were downstairs. Our photographer took pictures of us getting ready and all the pre-wedding details. I don't know what I would have done without Jamie helping me stay calm. John and I made it a point to not see eachother until the I walked down the steps into my fathers arm. It seemed like we were upstairs all day waiting to start. Once everyone got there and the priest arrived, we did a quick practice run with me, and then John did his. While John was practicing, Jamie and I were hanging out upstairs talking when we heard my music playing, It came so quick and so sudden. I was totally not ready but when I saw my dad waiting for me, I felt at ease. I was focusing on not tripping on my dress while walking down the stairs. It's hard walking in heels pregnant and holding flowers! My daddy walked me to John and then gave me away. He kissed me on the cheek and told me he loves me. The moment I saw John, I was speechless and felt like I was dreaming. He was the prince I have been waiting for. He was extremely nervous, I could feel his hands shaking. We held hands, I looked up at him and told him "it's ok, you're fine". The ceremony was beautiful, we couldn't have asked for anything more. After we were pronounced husband and wife, it was time for a toast. John's best man which was his brother Billy made a very sweet and touching speech. Next, Jamie, my best friend and maid of honor made her speech, which was amazing, and brought everyone to tears. After celebrating at the house, it was time to head to the boat. When we got to the boat, we took a few pictures before boarding. As soon as we heard "Mr. and Mrs. Otter", it was time to board. All our friends and family were there waiting to see us. The boat looked AMAZING. It was beautiful. The food was great, the decorations looked good, and everyone was having a blast! It was so neat to watch both families interact. It seemend like everyone had known eachother forever! The open bar was on the top deck, so it seemend like everyone wanted to hang out there! Once everyone was done eating, it was time to party! We danced all night! Everyone was having such a good time, John told the captain to keep going for another hour! It was a long night but so worth every minute if it. I wouldn't have changed one thing! People are still talking about it!
After the reception, we had the honeymoon suite at 21C. It was very chic and very nice!
We are so thankful for everyone that came to celebrate our big day! THANK YOU to both our parents .... we love you all more then anything.
We are headed to Mexico in the morning for our honeymoon. First stop Cozumel and then Playa Del Carmen. We will be getting back the 25th. Then it's time for my birthday, April 30th, and our 4D ultrasound. Then Derby!

Can't wait to blog and put up our pics from our honeymoon!

No comments: