Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Be FEARFUL of the FLU!!


Ok mommies, time to break out the hand-sanitizer and lysol. It's going to be a NASTY flu season! I've got each diaper bag loaded with purrell, and the house sprayed down with lysol. This is scary, and I usually don't worry about things like this, but I'm not worrying about me anymore, I have buggy to protect. Let's just say, we are doing more activites at home instead of being in large crowds of people. Call me crazy, but I would feel awful and guilty if Parker got this thing. John and I are both getting our flu shots this week. We can't afford for either of us to have it ... we NEED eachother to help with Parker.
One thing that's got us worried is the swine flu shot. YES, I know they say that children under 6 months should be vaccinated for H1N1, and people that are around children also be vaccinated. But it's scary. Seems to me that this could be a "thrown together" vaccine. I'm sure it's safe and probably nothing to worry about, but you may never know! I have had terrible dreams about it and YES I have had a dream that my son turned into a pig!!! WERID, I know. One thing is for sure, we will continue to wash our hands non-stop and try to avoid this thing as much as possible! GOOD LUCK everyone :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No worries. Just get the nasal mist vaccination. It does take a Dr's order but that's because it is a recombinant vaccine unlike the weakened attenuated shot. It is live cultures geared to fight multiple strains of the flu vs the shot. Wash your hands every hour (like a nurse) and get your vaccines :)